How to check if you’re whitelisted and how to mint if you are.
It’s been a long time coming but the Citizenship NFT mint is finally here! For all those about to mint or wondering why it's worth getting hold of a Citizenship NFT, here is a little recap on the benefits that holding one provides and how people were whitelisted.
If you already know everything there is to know about Citizenship NFTs and the whitelist process, scroll down to “Checking If You’re On The WL”.
About Citizenship NFTs
Satoshi Island Citizenship is the ultimate NFT for any aspiring Satoshi Islander and is the key to all things related to the project. There can only ever be 21,000 Satoshi Island Citizens and so becoming one is undoubtedly exciting for the crypto community. But other than the bragging rights of being a Satoshi Island Citizen, the Citizenship NFT has excellent utility and is needed by all who want to visit or live on the island, as well as those who want access to exclusive Satoshi Island software, events, Citizen Only Staking Pools and other opportunities.
Citizenship NFTs are also important for anyone who wants to build on the island or interact in the upcoming Satoshi Island metaverse. Anyone can own Satoshi Island NFTs, but without a Citizenship NFT, most of the Satoshi Island NFTs can only be bought and sold, and not used for their utility. For example, without a Citizenship NFT, the land-based NFTs cannot be converted to NFPTs (Non-Fungible Property Tokens), which is the necessary step required before building begins.
There is a whole island of opportunities available to Citizenship NFT holders, and we have lots of updates in the pipeline!
To learn more about Citizenship NFTs go to: satoshi-island.com/citizenship
The whitelist for the free Citizenship NFT mint began in December 2021 and ran for almost 6 months. At that time, those interested had to apply for the WL and meet specific criteria on Twitter and OpenSea.
There were also opportunities to join through some groups and projects who were offered limited places on the WL, in return for introducing their communities to Satoshi Island.
We received around 180,000 applications and established that about 30,000 of those were bots. Of the 150,000 real applications, less than 10% met the criteria requested in the application. Unfortunately this meant that many of those who applied were not considered for citizenship, but fortunately for all those who did meet the criteria, it meant that almost all of them made it onto the whitelist!
For all those who met the criteria, we thank you for your patience and are excited for you to become a Satoshi Island Citizen!
For all those who applied but didn’t make the WL, Citizenship NFTs can be bought and sold on secondary markets just like any NFT, so head over to your favorite marketplace and grab yourself a bargain!
Checking If You’re On The WL
To check if you’re on the WL, you first need to go to the Satoshi Island mint website and connect your whitelisted wallet. The site also doubles as a place where you can view all of your NFTs. This site is also the starting point for the Satoshi Island online experience. As new features are released, Citizens will be able to use it to buy and sell NFTs, chat with others in the community, vote on DAO decisions, protect their NFTs with Advanced NFT Security and much more.
Go To: my.satoshi-island.com to get started.
- Once you load the page, you will need to connect your wallet to check if it is on the whitelist. Click the + button in the top right corner of the screen to get to the wallet options. Follow the instructions via Metamask or WalletConnect to connect your wallet.
2. If you don’t already have any Satoshi Island NFTs with the wallet you connected, you will see the screen below.
If you already have Land NFT Deeds in the wallet you connected, you will see the screen below.
If you click the “Deeds” tab, you will be able to view your Land NFT Deeds.
3. If your wallet is on the whitelist, you will see the “Claim Citizenship NFT” button at the top of the page. 🥳
- If you do not see the “Claim Citizenship NFT” button but you expected to, you might have connected with the wrong wallet.
- If you are connected with the correct wallet but still do not see the “Claim Citizenship NFT” button then you are not on the whitelist. ☹️
How To Claim Your Citizenship NFT
If you have been whitelisted, click the “Claim Citizenship NFT” button to view the Terms & Conditions. It is important that you read, understand, and agree to these to avoid any confusion about what Citizenship NFTs are and what they are not.
You will also be required to agree to these terms and conditions again via the smart contract on the release of the Advanced NFT Security and at any time the DAO opts to make amendments. Holders who do not agree to the terms and conditions via the smart contract can still own the Citizenship NFTs but will not be able to utilize their utility.
5. Once you have read and understood the terms and conditions, click “Agree & Claim,” and your wallet will open so you can approve the transaction.
NOTE: Citizenship NFTs are free to mint, but you need to pay the ETH gas fees for the transaction.
Once you have approved the transaction, you will need to wait for it to be confirmed on the blockchain.
6. Once the transaction is confirmed, the page should auto-load and you will see the below screen with your newly minted Citizenship NFT.
Hint: If the page does not auto-load try refreshing the page.
The Citizenship NFT you will receive is randomized by Chainlink VRF in order to ensure a fair mint. It does not matter when you mint during the minting period, the Citizenship NFT you will get is already determined.
7. If you made it this far…CONGRATULATIONS! 🥳 You are officially a Satoshi Island Citizen! We hope you love your Citizenship NFT and utilize all its benefits!
If you don’t like the design that was fated to you or just fancy a change, you can sell your NFT and buy another on an NFT Marketplace. The good thing is that when it comes to the main utility, all Citizenship NFTs were created equal. But some from the collection have special traits and designs which you can learn about by clicking here.
8. Citizenship NFTs have lots of different designs and traits making some of them rarer than others, you can check this by clicking on your Citizenship NFT where you will see the important info.
Here you will find your unique citizenship number and the description which describes your Citizenship NFT.
You can also send your Citizenship NFT to another address by clicking the “Send NFT” button.
You will also see the traits that distinguish your Citizenship NFT from others as well as important info like the smart contract, metadata link and terms and conditions.
You can also click the “Activity” tab to view transactions such as mints, transfers and sales.
9. You can also view different NFTs by using the search bar. Currently, you can search Citizenship NFTs and Land NFT Deeds by entering the Token ID of the NFT you want to view.
If you search 1–7 you will see options for both Citizenship NFTs 1–7 and Land NFT Deeds 1–7.
Entering numbers 8–21000 will display all other Citizenship NFTs in the collection.
As more Satoshi Island NFTs are released, you will also be able to view them via this search function.
Clicking on a Citizenship NFT that you have searched for will take you to the page where you can see all the relevent info, including any specialty traits that it might have. Click here to learn more about the traits of the Satoshi Island NFTs.
If a Citizenship NFT has not been minted yet, the “Owner” will not be listed, but if it has been minted, you can see the current owner which will be displayed next to the “Creator.” In future features, you will be able to view the profiles of owners, communicate with and make offers on NFTs, as well as collaborate with other owners to combine your Land NFTs in order to convert them to NFPTs and build on your shared blocks of land.
The Initial Mint
There is a total of 21,000 Citizenship NFTs in the collection, and there is a total of 18,000 on the whitelist. The remaining 3,000 NFTs are held by the DAO to either give to projects who receive grants or will be made available to the community through future mints. (Explained below)
As it has been many months since people applied for the free Citizenship NFT whitelist, we expect that there could be a lot of people who do not claim their NFT during the 14-day period, resulting in a large amount of NFTs being unclaimed.
For that reason, we have plans for possible future mints.
Possible Future Mints
Depending on how many NFTs are claimed by those on the whitelist, there is the possibility of the introduction of other ways to get Citizenship NFTs.
- Metaverse Mints: When the Satoshi Island Metaverse is released, there will be regular competitions and events where players can receive Citizenship NFTs for winning or participating. Joining these events will require the users to stake STC or have a Citizenship NFT with the “Meta Islander” specialty trait.
- Stake To Mint: The ability to join a new WL for staking STC may become available at a later date, but to ensure that offering additional free mints do not affect the floor price and sales of Citizenship NFTs, the amount of STC that will be required to stake will be substantially higher than the cost to buy on secondary markets.
We look forward to welcoming thousands of our community members to become Satoshi Island Citizens, and for them begin using the utility that they provide!